We have listed items that we feel are necessary for a comfortable and safe adventure. Please note that luggage is limited to one large sized duffel bag (no heavier than 23 kg). We also suggest bringing one daypack or small rucksack for valuables. Please ensure your luggage container is water repellant.
A word about high elevation trips: Many guests do not consider the elevation of their tour when packing. Regardless of the time of year, days and nights at elevation can be cold. It is best to be prepared for everything. Often weather predictions are unreliable, and we recommend bringing gear for wet and cold weather under all circumstances. We have experienced freezing temperatures in both July and October. Layering works well, and a warm beanie cap is important year round.
A word about desert tours: Not many people think of “rain” and the desert together. We’re here to tell you that it can rain in the desert and be very windy and often cool at night. Keep in mind that you will be having more fun if the weather’s not making you miserable. Often weather predictions are unreliable, and we recommend bringing gear for wet and cold weather under all circumstances.
If you have booked, we will send you a detailed packing list.
Essentials for Every Trip
- Fast-drying, durable clothing. Most importantly, your clothing should be comfortable.
- Sunglasses and suntan lotion
- Hydration pack (recommended for all tours)
- Casual shorts
- T-shirts and long sleeve shirts
- Long pants
- Long underwear
- Warm hat and gloves
- Warm jacket
- Sturdy rain gear – pants and jacket recommended.
- Swimsuit – many tours offer some type of swimming
- Personal toilet items and Baby Wipes
- Personal first-aid (Aspirin, eye drops, personal medicine, etc.)
- Insect repellent (like Anti Brum)
- Headlamp or flashlight with extra batteries
- Smal rucksack – for camera, raining gear, spare tube, etc.
- Extra pair of shoes – in case your riding or hiking shoes get wet
- Ear plugs (for light sleepers)
- Clothing for travel to and from trip
On some trips the following items can be rented.
If you are not renting, add these items to your list.
- Mountain Bike, in good condition and checked by a bike mechanic
Specific Items for Biking Tours (in addition to above essentials list)
- Helmet (mandatory)
- Bike gloves with padded palms (mandatory)
- Soft knee protectors like G-Form protectors
- Sleeping bag (0-20 degrees Celsius)
- Small Pillow and sleeping bag liner
- Ground pad
- Pedals (optional – guests who have a bicycle at home, but are renting a bike for the trip, find this useful)
- Saddle (optional – guests who have a bicycle at home, but are renting a bike for the trip, find this useful)
- Cycling socks
- Short and long sleeve bike jerseys
- Cycling windbreaker or light jacket
- Bike shorts with padded seat
- Bike tights for cold weather riding (optional)
- Bike shoes with stiff soles (optional)
- Camelback or water bottles
- Handlebar bag (optional)